15 Reasons to Use a Travel Agent
- Save Money! Travel
Agents have access to the myriad of airfares, hotel rates, package tours, and
cruise vacations worldwide and are Internet savvy. Accompanied by strong working relationships
with travel suppliers, often the best deal lies with the people who know where
- Save Time and Trouble. Agents clarify the fine print on cancellation penalties and restrictions thereby preventing headaches later on for travelers unaware of the terms and conditions of their purchase.
- Convenience. Agents provide one-stop shopping for all your travel arrangements. This includes travel insurance, passport and visa applications, dining and shopping tips, and destination information.
- Service. Travel agents understand that repeat customers are the best form of advertising. That is why agents make themselves available and respond quickly to customer needs.
- Clout. Agents know how to interact with suppliers and have the proper contacts to get things done. Agents have more buying power.
- Personal Relationships. Like a good doctor, attorney, or accountant, your travel agent knows you, your lifestyle, and tastes. Armed with this knowledge and statistical information stored confidentially through state-of-the-art technology, an agent becomes a trusted adviser.
- Knowledge. Travel agents stay abreast of the most current promotions and timely industry news so that they can translate and explain what it all means to you.
- Experience. Travel agents become travel experts through their first-hand knowledge of a destination, continuing education, and customer feedback.
- Investigation. No single travel supplier could advise a traveler with competitive information. Nor would they.
- Evaluate and Analyze. Travelers can price shop on the Internet, but what is a good deal? Travel Agents can sort the details, assess the facts, and decipher the pros and cons of a vacation offer.
- Making the Best Match. Travel Agents are adept at matching the right destination and the right hotel with the traveler. Understanding a customer’s needs and knowing a customer’s lifestyle, agents are in a unique position to send you on the perfect vacation.
- Recommendations. Because good agents know their customers so well, their expert guidance can put your mind at ease and make you confident with your selections and purchases.
- Consumer Advocate. Always looking out for your best interest, travel agents demand that customers get fair treatment from travel suppliers.
- Problem Solving. When things go wrong or plans change, a travel agent is always there to seamlessly straighten it out—a live person with a friendly face.
- Enhancing the Trip. Agents offer value and amenities by providing inclusions or extras at little or no cost. These may come in the form of gifts or special promotions not available elsewhere.
True story… one of our customer’s daughter was in Punta Cana and witnessed hundreds of college students who booked online and ended up with no hotel when the arrived in Punta Cana. Many ended up flying back to Michigan and others were taken to a run down condo before eventually getting put into hotels spread out all over Punta Cana. Not exactly what they envisioned for spring break.
She also told us a story of a friend that decided to book themselves online to stay at the Barcello in Punta Cana. The problem… she booked the wrong Barcello and ended being 7 miles away from her friends.
Also, we recently “saved” some person who booked on Expedia. She didn’t know that her passport needed to be valid for 6 months past her travel date.
Moral of the story… people need travel agents!
You can book online through our agency also… the difference between the Travel Brokers, Inc. and the big name online agencies is that we will assign a real travel agent to your reservation who will email you her/his contact information. This agent will look over your reservation and let you know if there are any issues or will be available if you have any questions.